Here’s a comparison between the leg press, hack squat, squat rack, and sissy squat, including how to use them, main differences, and the muscles groups targeted by each. Plus a bonus tip in how to get affordable gym equipment Kenya:
- Leg Press:
- How to Use: The leg press involves sitting on a machine and pushing a weighted platform away from you using your legs. Your feet are typically placed shoulder-width apart on the platform.
- Muscles Targeted: Primary focus on quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes and calf muscles.
- Hack Squat:
- How to Use: While using the Hack Squat, stand on a platform with your back against a padded surface and shoulders under shoulder pads. Squat down, keeping your back straight, until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Muscles Targeted: Targets quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes. Engages lower back and core muscles.
- Squat Rack:
- How to Use: A squat rack or power rack .Load a barbell with weights, place it on your upper back, and then squat down, keeping your back straight and knees in line with your feet.
- Muscles Targeted: Engages a wider range of muscles including quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, lower back, core, and stabilizing muscles.
- Sissy Squat:
- How to Use: In a sissy squat, you stand on a footplate with your body inclined backward. As you lower your body, your knees move forward, creating an angle. Then, push back up.
- Muscles Targeted: Focuses primarily on the quadriceps. It also engages the glutes, hamstrings, and calves to some extent.
- Equipment Type:
- Leg Press, Hack Squat, and Sissy Squat are machine-based exercises.
- Squat Rack is a free-weight piece of equipment.
- Muscle Engagement:
- Squat rack involves more stabilizing muscles due to its free-weight nature.
- Sissy squat is particularly focused on the quadriceps.
- Squat rack allows for a wider range of exercises beyond just squats.
- Sissy squat is more specialized for quadriceps isolation.
When looking for affordable gym equipment and professional gym set up, we offer a wide range of gym equipment, including leg press machines, treadmills, hack squat machines, squat racks, leg press/ hack squat combo and other equipment for a complete gym set up. We also offer same day delivery.
Gym set up
If you are setting up a gym in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan,Somalia or Rwanda, you can purchase all the equipment you need from Inda Gym and Fitness Kenya. We offer a variety of gym packages to choose from, depending on your needs and budget. We also help you design your gym layout and provide you with expert advice on how to choose the right equipment for your space may it be home or commercial gym.
Today’s Shopping Tip
Maximize your savings on gym equipment purchases by buying in bulk. At Inda Gym and Fitness, we offer exclusive discounts specifically tailored for bulk orders.
Enjoy the benefits of discounted prices, as well as significant savings on both delivery and installation charges. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to optimize your commercial gym, hotel gym , apartment gym or personal gym at unbeatable prices.